- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0668/2005019077-s.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0642/2005019077-s.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/fy0614/2005019077.html - Table of contents
- ISBN: 0618683070 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9780618683079
- Physical Description: 275 p. ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 2006.
|General Note:|| Sequel: The off season.
|Formatted Contents Note:|| Schwenk farm -- Put to work -- Brian bails -- Amber -- Back to normal, more or less -- Jimmy Ott steps in -- Sunday -- People who are crazy and need to have their heads examined -- Dairy queen -- Wash day -- Training -- Long weekend -- Talk -- Talk back -- Epiphany -- Heifers don't play football -- Family secrets -- D.J. goes to town -- Opposite of flirting -- Most disgusting thing I've ever heard of -- Whoever said love was fun? -- Banquet -- Mom -- Welcome to Schwenksville -- Practice begins -- Dog days -- Making the team -- Scrimmage -- That's my ball -- Brian Nelson -- The end.
|Summary, etc.:|| After spending her summer running the family farm and training the quarterback for her school's rival football team, sixteen-year-old D.J. decides to go out for the sport herself, not anticipating the reactions of those around her.
|Study Program Information Note:|| Accelerated Reader/Renaissance Learning MG+ 5.3 10.
|Awards Note:|| A Junior Library Guild selection.
Search for related items by subject
Farm life > Juvenile fiction.
Football > Fiction.
Farm life > Wisconsin > Fiction.
Wisconsin > Fiction.
Young adult fiction.